We are very excited to bring you the details of this years ALPS rod building competition. More prizes and broader format!!
We have tweaked the format to change the dynamics and provide room for different rod building segments. Read the format below and start creating your submission - be quick, entries close June 1st 2018!
2018 ALPS Rod Building Competition
April 1st to June 9th 2018
- Submissions close 5pm June 1st 2018
- Winners announced by 5pm on June 9th 2018
- Winners will be contacted by email, and posted on our website and on Facebook
- Entries must be built using ALPS components for the trim rings, reel seat, rod butt, guides / tip and a rod blank purchased from Exclusive Tackle.
- Not required to use ALPS components on the threads, epoxy & grips
- All entries must be built after April 1st 2018.
- Entrants can win more than one category
- Best blank embellishment – weaves, paint, marbling, feather inlays etc
- Best guide wraps – creative guide wraps, can be embellished in any way
- Handle kit appeal – stylish, effective use of colours, creative use of components
- Best hobbyist category – best overall rod submitted, must have built less than 5 rods in their lifetime
- Best juniors rod build – best overall rod submitted, must be built by someone under 21 years of age
- Best photography, rod presentation – placement, background, image quality, exposure that really makes the rod qualities ‘pop’
Submissions:Submissions must be by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit three photos of the handle kit
- Submit one photo of the full rod
- Submit one photo of at least one guide close up
- Each submission must state the following in the body of the email:
- Photos must be in focus and well li
- Photos may be displayed on the Exclusive Tackle website
In the submission email please include the following details
- List the selling points of this rod you would use to describe the rod to an angler/customer
- Experience level - has the rod builder built more than 5 rods in his/her lifetime?
- Age of the rod builder – Is the rod builder over 21 years of age?
- Type of rod, purpose and any special customisation of the rod during the build
Judging:Winners will be decided by internal judging, which will be influenced by the number of facebook likes.
Prizes:Each of the 6 categories will be awarded $400 worth of ALPS components
- Best blank embellishment – $400
- Best guide wraps – $400
- Handle kit appeal – $400
- Best hobbyist category – $400
- Best juniors rod build – $400
- Best photography, rod presentation – $400